Ballarat Courier | Login
   

    
  Ballarat Courier  


The Ballarat Courier is a Newspaper in Ballarat Australia...

On June 10, 1867 Robert Clark and Edward J.Bateman established The Courier under the name of Bateman Clark & Co. The first office was located on the south side of Sturt Street, east of Albert Street. The newspaper consisted of four broadsheet pages and was printed on a hand press, turning out approximately 300 copies an hour. In 1871 the office moved to 24 Sturt Street and in 1889 the Clark and Bateman partnership dissolved, with Clark becoming the sole proprietor. In 1922 the newspaper became a private company called the Ballarat Courier Proprietary and a year later bought out the opposition, The Star. The Courier changed format from broadsheet to tabloid in 1944. These combined operations provide permanent employment for nearly 140 Ballarat people and part-time work for another 80 people. Rural Press Ltd has recently invested $32 million in a new state of the art press facility.

Get more information about the Ballarat Courier at the Ballarat Courier website: ballarat.yourguide.com.au
    
   
Click to Links



 Ballarat Courier